Co-Founder & CTO at Headliner.io (Techstars London '15)
Computer Software | London, United Kingdom, GB
2014 - Present
Co-Founder & CTO / Headliner.io
API Evangelist / Mendeley
Senior Software Engineer / Mendeley
- Lead developer of the Mendeley API.
- Agile project management using SCRUM and Kanban. Project manager for a team of 6.
- SSO integration of social networks like Facebook and sharing content to Twitter.
- Developed a system to drive user growth through invitations.
- Integration of Webkit features in the desktop client.
- Experience with TDD to increase the quality and the test coverage of the code base.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically S3, RDS and EC2.
Senior software engineer and Team Lead / Mendeley
- Managing a team of 6 engineers.
- Leading transition to a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Championing code quality, testing and releases on time.
- Leading recruitment process for the Web team.
- Point of communication between other technical and non-technical teams.
- Agile project management using SCRUM.
- Responsible for the technical roadmap of the Web team.
- Technical support for third party developers of the Mendeley Open API.
Software Engineer / Mendeley
Designed and developed the Mendeley Open API (dev.mendeley.com). The Open API offers developers access to write applications on top of the Mendeley platform. It uses OAuth as the authentication system and provides a JSON/RESTful interface to public and user specific content. Provided technical support to third party developers.
Implemented a backend system to create complex bucket tests.
Software Developer / RedIRIS
Adapted a system called CORE to RedIRIS needs. CORE is an extensive system for conference management. This innovative system allows the different users (speakers, attendees and managers) to create a conference in a collaborative manner. This project covers different technologies, mainly PHP, PostgreSQL, Smarty Template Engine, Bash Scripting and XHTML among others under Unix environment.
Software Developer / Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología, FECYT
Security, Authentication, Internationalisation, Software Engineering, SOA, Web Services, Music, Photography.